Martin Camilleri from our Information Security & Governance Department will be taking part in the Panel tackling ‘Innovation and new technologies in the property industry: digital disruption’.
The world has dramatically changed and so has the way the property industry does business. One of the main changes, digitalization, has accelerated due to the COVID-19 situation. The Property industry has been one of the industries that saw itself faced with the need to rapidly digitize to avoid being left behind, digitalization is not anymore an option, but a need. However, it is not that simple, companies must ensure digital security since users will not be willing to use digital channels if cybersecurity cannot be guaranteed. Property and Real Estate represent more than 20% of the GDP in Malta, however, the use of the technology or proptech is not well established in the local market despite the general European market where there was a growth of 550% on the investment in five years. Thus, a glance at the future is promising.
- Encourage the Maltese Property industry to adapt to the new technologies
- Build trust on innovative technology.
- Martin Camilleri – CTI at MITA. Maltese Government Rep. on the EU Council Security Committee
- Johan Zammit – Founder & CEO at Smart Studios
- Efrem Borg – Chief Technologist at MDIA
Moderator: Joshua O’Cock – CEO and Founder of Growth Gurus