The NCC will be organising a third CYBER Breakfast event to follow on the success of this series of events. This CYBER Breakfast event will be held on Tuesday, 12th September 2023, between 08:00 and 12:00 at the AX The Palace Hotel in Sliema, and will take the form of a business breakfast.
As cybersecurity professionals, we are normally responsible for identifying security issues within the organisation we work for, or otherwise within our clients’ networks. But what if we encounter a serious vulnerability on a website, system, or software application that we have no direct association with? This is where the concept of “responsible disclosure” comes in – a process by which a security researcher or a security enthusiast can safely report vulnerabilities to the affected entity. The first part of the morning aims to demystify this process by discussing those frameworks and structures supporting the responsible and coordinated disclosure of vulnerabilities, explaining how they work, highlighting good practices, and referring to the state of play across the EU and the rest of the world.
This will be followed by a breakout session to discuss the challenges of implementing a national or a private Coordinated Vulnerability Disclosure in Malta. Each group will be discussing one of the below themes in relation to the topic, and the ideas, concerns, or observations will be shared with the rest of the forum. Please indicate your first and second preference for the theme you would like to discuss during the breakout session while registering:
- Legal: challenges faced by security researchers vis-à-vis present legislation, including criminal and data protection laws.
- Political: challenges related to the development of a CVD from a policy perspective, the approach to take, and the roles and dynamics of different stakeholders.
- Economic: challenges related to resourcing, skillsets, market incentives, and market dynamics.
- Ecosystem maturity: challenges related to the local cybersecurity ecosystem in terms of size and maturity level.
This event is open strictly to Community Members.
- If you are already a member, click here to register to this event.
- If not, you are invited to join the Community first by registering through the Community Portal.
Places are limited and reservations will be treated on a first-come-first-served basis. This event will be recognized for 3 CPE credits.
Parking is available at the hotel at a preferential charge of €3 for the duration of the whole event. Kindly be advised that only cash payments, preferably in exact amounts, are accepted.